[Dragaera] Morolan and Aliera

Will Frank wmfrank at stwing.org
Sun Nov 5 13:48:02 PST 2006

Also Sprach John Dallman:

<snip>

> This looks alarmingly simple. What have I missed?

Nothing, but you haven't identified anything new either. Morrolan and
Aliera's relationship is settled in _Taltos_, and the order of succession
in _Yendi_:

"I'm your cousin. My name is Morrolan e'Drien. I am the eldest son of your
father's youngest sister." (_Taltos_, start of chapter 14.)

We know Morrolan's father is Rollondar e'Drien from the Paarfi books.
Chapter Six, page 60 in the Tor mass-market paperback, has Morrolan give
his father's name.

And in _Yendi_, Vlad discusses the succession, in terms of how each of our
friends was to be eliminated from it: Norathar was to be Morganti'd, or at
least killed permanently, Aliera was to be disgraced for interfering in a
Jhereg war, and Morrolan out "by the same logic." (Toward the end of
chapter 15.)

I can't give precise page numbers for the Vlad books, as I have them in
the "Book Of" compilations. At least, for the first seven.

Will "scifantasy" Frank - wmfrank at stwing.org
"Batman to all points. I could use some air support. Since I can't fly. At
all. Now would be good." --Batman (Bruce Wayne), "Dark Heart"