[Dragaera] Lifespans of familiars (Was Vlad & Cawti & Dzur Speculation)

David Maxwell david at crlf.net
Fri Jul 28 11:12:11 PDT 2006

> Remember Vlad's contract with Loiosh's mother! (from memory, so not 100%
> precise):
>
>   And what will you give it in return?
>
>   My friendship, long life, and fresh red meat without hunting.
>
> *Long life*. Evidently the familiar bond extends the familiar's lifespan
> beyond the norm for its species, possibly for as long as the master lives.

I don't reason this as any more of a guarantee than saying goodbye to a
Vulcan.

Your speculation could be true, or "long life" == "well fed". I don't think
the text is evidence for either side, but I default to "well fed", without
further argument.

--
David Maxwell, david at vex.net|david at maxwell.net -->
Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...