[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 1, Issue 4

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 31 08:24:23 PDT 2006

Kenneth Gorelick wrote:
> Howcum I am getting every message in duplicate? Is it my vision or
> your server? Also, is the message below something for insiders only
> or can it be explained to the rest of us?
>
> Ken
> On Jul 31, 2006, at 12:03 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>

>> "Jeff" <log0n5150 at hotmail.com> said:
>>

>>> I know exactly what his mood is like when he goes to Valabars. But
>>> then, I
>>> have the Dzur intro that was available a while back. *grin*
>>>
>>> jeff
>>> -mine is an evil laugh. . .
>>>
>> Oh, well, if we're going to be *evil*...
>>
>> Library/Brust>  ls -l
>> total 572
>> -rwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators ???????? 500736 Jul 11  2005 dzur_1.doc
>> -rwxrwxrwx 1 Administrators ???????? 444319 Jul 11  2005 dzur_1.html

The "ls -l" command is a Unix/Linux command similar to the "dir" command
in Windows/DOS. It lists the various attributes of a file, and if that
file is a directory, it will list the files contained within. This
particular command shows us that out of the 572 files in the
Library/Brust directory, there are two files, dzur_1.doc and dzur_1.html
that anyone on that server could look at (rwxrwxrwx describes the access
rights to that file, with the first group of three [rwx = read write
execute] corresponding to the file owner's rights, the second to the
group's rights, and the third to the world (i.e. anyone not the file
owner or the group), modify or execute, if said files were scripts or
binaries, which they're probably not.

Basically, it means DD-B has the Dzur manuscript on some computer in two
electronic formats. Making me extremely envious.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand