[Dragaera] Arrows vs Javelins

Scott Crain s_thomas_crain at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 10:18:01 PDT 2006

>Likely, Cropper Company is using something rather like a Pilum, and the
>javelin shooter is more like a crossbow.
>Majikjon

Or atl-atl or a ballista... However, I don't think it's anything like bow
and arrow (to answer Tom).
/mrtn

  On the contrary -- it's very much like a bow -- it -is- a bow.  'Take a long, flexible stick, put a string to it ...'  The quote is mangled, and I misremember the location of the text search gizmo, but that's basically it right there.  Unless -- and this is a big unless -- they're using the string-style atl-atl, but then the notch would be at the -front- of the 'small javelin', and not at the back, as Vlad observes.

  S. Thomas Crain
  Author-in-Training