[Dragaera] I want my SKZB

Lang, Douglas (Contractor) Douglas.Lang at ed.gov
Sun Aug 6 08:55:04 PDT 2006

----Original Message-----
From: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info on behalf of Jon Lincicum
Sent: Sat 8/5/2006 2:30 PM
To: Christopher Kendall
Cc: dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] I want my SKZB

Christopher Kendall wrote:
> I think the regulars of this list are perfect for this little challenge.
>
>   Ysterday morning on the way to work I found myself huming the tune 'Money for Nothing' by Dire Straights but instead of the line 'I want my MTV' I had 'I want my SKZB'.  Anyone who wants to take a stab at modifying the rest of the songs lyrics, please go ahead.

	Hmm... Problem is, there's an extra letter in there that throws the
	meter off.

	You can't really fix it without either leaving a letter out of Steve's
	initials, or cutting off one of the other words in the line. "I want my
	SKB", "Want my SKZB" or "I want SKZB" might work--but the last one
	changes the meaning in a way I'm not certain is entirely appropriate.

	Strangely enough, the original tune is one I'm in the middle of
	recording on my home studio setup right now, so if someone did come up
	with alternate lyrics, I could probably even record a pretty decent
	version of them. Or not.

	Majikjon

	--------

	As a complusive filker, I couldn't help myself.  I'm getting around the extra letter by running the S into the K, mentally pronouncing it "Skay-Zee-Bee" - sort of cheating.  I hope the Subject in Question won't mind.  ;-)

	Now look at that writer, that's the way you do it
	He got the Freedom and Necessity
	That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
	Money for writin', kittens laugh for free

	Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
	Lemme tell ya, he reigns in Hell
	Maybe we should move out of this Brokedown Palace
	Maybe open up a little Bar and Grille

	We gotta read Five Hundred Years After
	And the Viscount trilogies
	We gotta read about the Phoenix and the Taltos
	And those romances of Paarfi's

	See the fancy writer with the earring and the black hat
	Yeah buddy that's his own hair
	That huckleberry got his own pet Jhereg
	He's playing poker with a millionaire

	We gotta read Five Hundred Years After
	And the Viscount trilogies
	We gotta read about the Phoenix and the Taltos
	And those romances of Paarfi’s

	You know he's learned to play the guitar
	You know he's learned to play them drums
	Look at that Teckla, she got another way to travel
	Man we could have some fun
	And he's up there, what's that ? Hawaiian noises ?
	Buskin' with his six-string like he's The Gypsy
	That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
	Money for writin', kittens laugh for free

	We gotta read Five Hundred Years After
	And the Viscount trilogies
	We gotta read about the Phoenix and the Taltos
	And those romances of Paarfi’s  (I mean the Dumas!)

	Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
	You learn to write like SKZB
	That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
	Get your money for writin', cats laughing with me
	Money for writin', cigarettes for free

	I want my, I want my SKZB
	I want my, I want my SKZB