[Dragaera] I want my SKZB

Christopher Kendall kendall_chris at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 11:35:10 PDT 2006

Christopher Kendall wrote:
> I think the regulars of this list are perfect for this little challenge.
>
> Ysterday morning on the way to work I found myself huming the tune 'Money for Nothing' by Dire Straights but instead of the line 'I want my MTV' I had 'I want my SKZB'. Anyone who wants to take a stab at modifying the rest of the songs lyrics, please go ahead.

Hmm... Problem is, there's an extra letter in there that throws the
meter off.

You can't really fix it without either leaving a letter out of Steve's
initials, or cutting off one of the other words in the line. "I want my
SKB", "Want my SKZB" or "I want SKZB" might work--but the last one
changes the meaning in a way I'm not certain is entirely appropriate.

Strangely enough, the original tune is one I'm in the middle of
recording on my home studio setup right now, so if someone did come up
with alternate lyrics, I could probably even record a pretty decent
version of them. Or not.

Majikjon  I was thinking along the lines of "I want my SK-Z-B" to match "I want my M-T-V".  Just say the SK together quickly and it works (at least inside of my coconut).

  Chris.