[Dragaera] Back to spreading the word

A.S. Zanoni chica at dreamcafe.com
Wed Aug 9 00:25:15 PDT 2006

dragaera-request at dragaera.info wrote:

Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:12:49 EDT
From: FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Dzur & spreading the word...

Back to the subject at hand.

Ideas for spreading the word about Dzur:

1.  Check bookstore shelves.  See if Dzur is face front in Brust section
and
in *New* sections.

2.  folks what like the book CAN post reviews.  :>  On weblogs, Amazon.com,
and so on.

3.  Print out http://www.scifi.com/essentials/dzur page  which includes an
excerpt and the cover.  Leave it around for readers to find.  I just
printed one
in color. I thought the whole page would print in color, but only the
top artwork
and cover printed in color on a white background.

------------------------------

Very cool.

Also... see whether your library has ordered _Dzur_.  If not, request
it.  Las Vegas Libraries ordered 11 copies (for 15 branches) - and 5 of
them are already on hold.  :D

Same applies to your favorite bookstore[s].

Some libraries will allow posters or flyers for books.  Just as various
stores do.  The B&N stores like themes.  Request a _Dzur_ display.
They've now ranked _Dzur_ in their top 500.  :>  It may even be listed
in the store newsletter.

Depends on how far out you'd like to go in your outreach.  :>

You can post the Essentials link for _Dzur_ [above] onto various online
forums - wherever you happen to hang out and talk books.  Could be
rec.arts.sf, YahooGroups, weblog communities, what-have-you.

Ask if your local gaming, comic and/or hobby store would let you post
the _Dzur_ Essentials page.

And you can see whether your local/favorite conventions would link to
the _Dzur_ Essentials page too.  Plus, they have flyer display areas at
cons...

(No, I'm always like this.  Really.  I've worked many conventions and
done outreach for SCA too.  Gets in the blood.)

*---

---
A.S. Zanoni
Personal Assistant to Steven Brust