[Dragaera] [SKZB] Dzur review???

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 10:03:56 PDT 2006

While I'm waiting for my copy of Dzur, I happened to stumble across this
review:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0765301482&itm=1
As he sits in a restaurant in Adrilankha preparing to confront the House of
the Left Hand of the Jhereg, Vlad Taltos thinks back to when everything
changed. He was an assassin working for Neilar chasing after one of his
employees who stole money from him as Vlad allows no one to cheat him and
live to tell it. He followed his mark to Castle Black, the floating home of
Morollan the dangerous Dragaeran lord.------------- At Castle Black, Vlad
meets its owner and Lady Sethra the vampiress host of Dzur Castle. After a
near deadly incident between them, Morollan and Sethra offer Vlad work to
obtain a staff that contains the ensnared soul of Dragaeran's cousin Aliera.
He succeeds barely as he is out of his element. However, Sethra insists
though he did an admirable job, the work is not done. She demands that Vlad
journey to the terrifying Paths of the Dead to beg the gods to restore
Aliera to life.---------------- Though not as powerful as TECKLA, Vlad's
fourth appearance is a fast-paced tale that takes the reader back to
Taltos's salad days. The prime story line focuses on Vlad's first encounters
with Morollan, Sethra, and Aliera (though she initially is a bit wooden),
etc. However that prime plot is enhanced by glimpses of the assassin's
childhood, which are fun to read, but feel like cul de sacs off the main
road. Still sort of a biographical fiction, DZUR is a fine entry that Steven
Brust's fans will fully appreciate for its light into what made Taltos what
he is.------------ Harriet Klausner

It sounds like she's reviewing /Taltos/, except for the intro sentence. This
totally weirded me out.

-Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,