[Dragaera] (no spoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons]

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 06:42:41 PDT 2006

No spoilers for _Dzur_ (my copy is in the mail)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com writes:

> I always got the impression that the 17 GW ideas relates to the
> total number of GWs that *do* exist, *have* existed, or ever *will*
> exist. It's not a fixed inventory of all the ones that are
> currently active. It's the total number that fate decrees have a
> place somewhere (and at some time) in our world.

Vlad (who, of course, is never wrong about anything) said "legend
says 17".  Since their creators don't have any reason to find the
number 17 special, I'd say the actual chances of there being exactly
17 at any time are practically nil.  I also believe there are at
least a couple Great Non-Weapons.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: gaertk at aol.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll