[Dragaera] (no spoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons]

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Aug 11 07:00:25 PDT 2006

Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
08/11/06 06:48 AM

cc
dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject
Re: [Dragaera] (no spoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons]

>On 7:42 AM Gaertk at aol.com wrote:
>>  Vlad (who, of course, is never wrong about anything) said "legend
>>  says 17". Since their creators don't have any reason to find the
>>  number 17 special, I'd say the actual chances of there being exactly
>>  17 at any time are practically nil. I also believe there are at
>>  least a couple Great Non-Weapons.

Heh. Referring here to the Orb, perhaps?

>He's not the only one to refer to "The 17", meaning Great Weapons.

17 is not only the mystical number of Dragaerans, it's the mystical number
of the cycle itself, which has (apparently) existed since long before the
creation of Dragaera (the planet itself).

Saying that 17 means nothing to the Serioli, just because they're not
"Dragaerans" is ludicrous. They're the only true natives on the planet. 17
means, if anything, MORE to them than to any of the "alien invaders"
(Easterners, Dragaerans, Jenoine, etc) who have arrived over the years.