[Dragaera] [Dzur spoiler] Possible crack in the orb

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:32:04 PDT 2006

On 8/11/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
> "Shawn Burns" <shawnb at stanford.edu>
> > >.
> >I read that as VLAD making a joke.
>
> Hmmm... Now that you mention it, I believe you're right. How did I miss
> this subtlety the first time? (Oh yeah, I was rushing to get through to
> the next part of the book to see what happened... :-) )

It's still an odd response from Kragar, though. "One for you, Vlad,"
as if Vlad had scored some sort of point by observing that Aliera
didn't like him. Imagine a similar interchange:

"A certain assassin introduced us."
"An assassin? Kiera's never killed anybody that I know of."
He chuckled. "One for you, Vlad."

You see, if Vlad's wrong about the identity of the mutual friend, then
the joke's irrelevant instead of funny, no matter what Vlad says about
the person in question, and Kragar can only be chuckling to be polite.
As I said, odd.

-Maximilian

--
Be pretty if you are,