[Dragaera] The 17

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 17:10:44 PDT 2006

On 8/11/06, tom sausman <inuyashadontask at netscape.net> wrote:

>  Remember, the Serioli don't seem to view time as a linear progression.
> Much like Devera.
>              Is that impiling that Serioli can "time jump" like Devera?
> Because the Serioli aren't speical such as Devera, can someone explainhow
> someone can view time in a mutiple space if there are only in the present?
> Nevermind I just confused myself.

I don't think viewing time non-linearly requires the ability to
time-jump. It just requires a certain frame of mind in which things
which are going to happen, effectively have happened, whether in the
sense of Gilbert and Sullivan's /Mikado/
(http://math.boisestate.edu/gas/mikado/webopera/mk212d.html) or in the
sense of the Book of Mormon prophet Abinadi
(http://scriptures.lds.org/en/mosiah/16/6#6) or Calvinism or in some
other sense. It's just a very relaxed way of looking at causality. Now
it's certainly possible that the Serioli are able to interfere with
the past/present in a Devera-like manner, but the point is that the
Serioli in /Dragon/ needn't be particularly bothered by the fact that
Godslayer was just created, since to him, it was going to be created
all along and could certainly have been counted as part of the 17.

-Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,