[Dragaera] (no spoilers) The 17 [Great Weapons]

James Brittain somelseone at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 11 22:31:47 PDT 2006

>Agnosticism is the only position a rational being can take.

Except it is impossible to prove a negative.  No matter how hard one looks,
they will never find the absence of a thing.  It may be rational to not
discount the possibility that reptiles, disguised as political leaders, are
involved in a massive conspiracy to control the minds of humans, but its
pretty unreasonable.

It isn't just a question of there being no evidence one way or another.  It
is only rational to assume that a thing does not exist until it is proven to
exist.

>>I do not believe there were any Jenoine present during /Taltos/.

If memory serves, we learn in Issola that Sethra was unable to leave Dzur
mountain because of an attack from the Jenoine while Vlad and company were
cavorting about with Loraan.  This  implies that there was at least one.

Bestness!
James