[Dragaera] [Dzur spoiler] Possible crack in the orb & Aliera's personality

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 11 23:13:56 PDT 2006

Philip Hart wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Maximilian Wilson wrote:

>> Well, there's Aliera's superiority complex to consider. She's even
>> contemptuous of Morrolan.
>>

> I think that's more of an inferiority complex in that instance - anyway
> something rather complex yet simple.
>

> On another thread I noted that if Aliera can send Mario on errands then
> it's hard to understand parts of _Teckla_ etc.  Otoh in the Prologue to
> _D_ he doesn't show up because Aliera is concerned about Vlad but because
> she's concerned about Cawti; one gets the impression from Mario that
> Aliera thinks Vlad can handle himself and if not well too bad (well,
> that's based on reading way between the lines).  I'm not sure that's
> consistent with _Y_ but ok.
What if she's more concerned about Norathar than Cawti? If Norathar is
discredited again, Aliera gets to be Dragon heir all over again, and she
definitely doesn't want that. For one (facetious) thing, the honor of
her House would require her to break it off with Mario...

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand