[Dragaera] (Dzur SPOILER) Is it odd?

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 00:31:52 PDT 2006

Philip Hart wrote:
> 0
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
>

> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Jose Marquez wrote:
>

>> Assuming that Lady Teldra is awake enough to display House
>> characteristics (I don't think she's there yet), killing might
>> not be kind, but it might be appropriate, and she wouldn't shy
>> away from it if it is.
>>

> I can't see her easily reconciling herself to the destruction of
> the soul of the Left Hand she killed.  I assume as you do that
> she doesn't bear responsibility for that, but I'd guess there
> will be some character development attendent on her awakening.

It all depends on the nature of her awakening. If she awakens as a
Morganti blade with a really friendly Issola's personality, she may feel
it is appropriate for her to devour anyone who tries to harm Vlad.
'Cause Issolas gotta eat too.

If she awakens as more herself than a Morganti blade, then I can see her
having trouble reconciling the destruction of a soul. But I expect that
Lady Teldra's awakened personality will still be greatly influenced by
the fact that she is a soul-eating sword. A more sentient than most, but
still.

I wonder if she'll really talk in Vlad's mind the way he and Loiosh
communicate. Vlad keeps expecting it to be crowded in his mind, so I
expect him to be wrong. On the other hand, I'm guessing the twinge Vlad
feels when he is impolite to Mario in the prologue is Lady Teldra's
influence, so he could be exactly right.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand