[Dragaera] (Dzur SPOILER) Is it odd?

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 12:40:08 PDT 2006

Maximilian Wilson wrote:

>> Should be interesting. Lady Teldra is pretty agreeable, but I can't see
>> her (at least in her previous incarnation) imposing her will on anyone.
>> That just doesn't seem like her.
>>

> Oh, but she does it all the time! The essence of manners is to impose
> your will on others, where it's practical, without undue violence to
> their psyches.
<snip excellent text-ev>

I wouldn't describe what Teldra does so much as imposing her will or
even gentle manipulation. I don't know; both imply removing choice. Vlad
can ignore Teldra's influence if he wants to, but Teldra is stopping him
from getting himself killed, in some cases. I don't know. I guess I'm
hung up on semantic differences between imposing your will (where your
will is done no matter what) and what Teldra does. Vlad allows her to
influence him. She doesn't impose. That would be rude. *grin*
> A test of wills between Vlad and Teldra would be very interesting...
> IMHO, only someone as stubborn as Vlad would have any chance of coming
> out victorious.

If it came to that, to a point where Vlad didn't want to do something
Lady Teldra wants him to do, and she's adamant and so is he, hmm. I want
to say that she'd back down, but if she's actually adamant, she
wouldn't, would she? And neither would he; he's stubborn. I don't know
who'd win. He's pretty stubborn, but he's also pretty sensitive, for an
assassin.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand