[Dragaera] Dzur spoilers - 17 thoughts

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Sat Aug 12 14:14:57 PDT 2006

Jose Marquez wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
>> A one, a two, a...
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>> 4
>> 5
>> 6
>> 7
>> 8
>> 9
>> 10
>> 11
>> 12
>> 13
>> 14
>> 15
>> 16
>> 17
>>
>> I think Steve is, in some sense, taking care to acknowledge some of
>> the more wild speculation from his fanbase by putting a big, heavy
>> boot on it and stomping it out.  Some of the dialogue about just how
>> invulnerable (or not) Great Weapons make one seemed just a tad
>> deliberate.  Good, say I.

But it's still a little unclear just how powerful he really *is*, since
he's still pretty unwilling to take big chances, except when, er, it's
appropriate to take them.

How much of his power is limited simply by his unwillingness to test his
own limits?

At the same time, the fact that everybody keeps reminding Vlad during
/Dzur/ about what happened to Morrolan in /Jhereg/ sounds an awful lot
like some posts I've read on this list... :-)

> Yeah; I don't think Vlad would make a good god. Yet.

Heh.

> Wait, what prophecy? The one where Noish-pa says he'll get to hold a
> grandchild before he dies? If so, I don't think the prophecy is saying
> that if Noish-pa touches VN, he'll die.

No, but if the prophecy is true, then he *can't* die until after it's
happened. How long after is anyone's guess--but if you had an iron-clad
guarantee that you can't die before you visit Phildelphia, wouldn't you
find every excuse you could to put off going there as long as possible?

Not that I think Noish-pa is looking for a way to live longer. He'd
probably be just as happy to hold his grandson.