[Dragaera] Dzur spoilers - 17 thoughts

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 22:53:56 PDT 2006

> >> In real life, people can die at random times, and for random reasons.
> >> Not every death of a powerful person is going to be some elaborate
> >> assassination. Sometimes people just die. Life can be like that.
> >>

> > I would be more inclined to be convinced if her death had been from
> > something a bit more rapid and certain than "indigestion" (how,
> > exactly, is that supposed to be fatal, anyway?) and she had not been a
> > high-powered sorceress.  And if I did not have in mind Master Wag's
> > book titled /The Sorcerer's Art and the Healing of the Self/.
> >
> "Chronic Indigestion" (taken at face value, anyway) implies that she had
> some sort of recurring ailment of the digestive tract.
>
> So maybe she has a nice plate of pasta, and turns in for an early night.
> Her digestive problems cause internal bleeding in her sleep, and she
> wakes up dead the next morning.

She could *sleep* with her intestines doing the Fenarian Foxtrot?

I mean, I'm generalizing from one example here, but when my tummy
hurts, it usually wakes me up, or keeps me from sleeping at all.

Although, now that I think about it, perhaps she relied too much on a
pain-killing spell instead of dealing with the cause of the pain.
Which would have been suicidally stupid, but perhaps she was too tired
to think straight.