[Dragaera] Dzur Spoiler, an amusing speculation from LJ

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 13 00:12:18 PDT 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> Some space:
>
> all
> around
> the
> ediberry
> bush
> the
> mockman
> chased
> the
> ferret
> the
> mockman
> thought
> twas
> all
> in
> fun
> pop
> goes
> the
> ferret
>
> As long as I'm thinking about this, another interesting question to
> ponder: Was Telnan granted Nightslayer because he is in training as a
> Lavode, or is he being trained as a Lavode because he somehow came
> across Nightslayer, and bonded with this weapon, then later came
> across Sethra Lavode?

I believe it's the latter, based on what Sethra says in Issola, implying
that Zungaron/Telnan acquired his by accident and had no idea what it
was for or what to do with it. Obviously, Sethra's taught him something
since, because in Dzur he seems to have a vague understanding of what
Great Weapons can do/might do. I suspect that Sethra discovered a Dzur
with a Great Weapon who didn't realize it was a GW (perhaps he went up
to Dzur Mountain to do battle with her and she talked him out of it
because he was obviously interesting?), and she invited said Dzur to
train with her in preparation to becoming a Lavode.

One implication from what Sethra says is that Great Weapons are not
necessarily destined for specific individuals. I'm assuming that
Telnan/Zungaron was not important until he somehow acquired Nightslayer
and came to Sethra's attention. I wonder if Sethra the Younger would
have been able to bond with Pathfinder if she had succeeded in unlocking
it...

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand