[Dragaera] Dzur spoilers - 17 thoughts

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Sun Aug 13 09:02:20 PDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 01:00:04AM -0700, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> A one, a two, a...
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10
> 11
> 12
> 13
> 14
> 15
> 16
> 17

> 5) Verra taking some of Vlad's blood
>
> Vague notions of vampires and mind control via blood absorption come
> to mind.  Although, to the left, there is the manner in which Granny
> Weatherwax dealt with a similar situation.

Betcha a quarter this is the blood Keira delivered to Vlad. No textev,
just a feeling.

> sort of "killdar"?

I giggled at that word and almost said 'That slays me.'

> 15) Tukko
>
> "How old is Sethra?"
> "Younger than I am."
>
> Hmph.  I think Steve likes *messing* with us.

I knew a pair of twins who liked to tease each other in exactly that way.
So I'm voting that they're twins.

> 17)  Vlad Norathar and Cawti
>
> It is perhaps appropriate that the story ends just as Vlad is about to
> meet someone whose very existence he did not suspect, and that it is
> this meeting that perhaps affects him the most, out of all of the
> confrontations that he's had.

I found this frustrating and pointless. It furthers the story in no way,
and seems introduced only to give us a cliffhanger into the next book.

Steve