[Dragaera] A typographical symbol

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 13:26:53 PDT 2006

On 8/13/06, Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dunno; I certainly didn't know the origin of the ampersand character
> but I thought the meaning of &c was clear when I was exposed to it.
> Maybe you're generalizing from one example?

Actually, I'm generalizing from 3 examples (myself, Jon, and an LJ
commenter who is not majikjon), which is almost infinitely better
(once is happenstance; twice is coincidence; three times is enem-- a
certainty).

Just out of curiosity: Even if you didn't know the origin of "&", did
you have an awareness that the "et" in "etc" means "and"?