[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoilers] On a criticized conversation

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 15:55:49 PDT 2006

On 8/13/06, Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
> The
> water
> is
> wide,
> can
> not
> get
> o'er.
> Nor
> have
> wings
> that
> will
> carry
> me

[snip agreeable stuff]

> I think "your friend Kiera" might be a crack.  Possibly this is like
> my wife saying to me, "Your son just keeps eating and eating", but
> I doubt it.  It's inconsistent with _Orca_ as I understand it.

Actually, it kind of weirded me out how often people kept referring to
Kiera as other peoples' friends. Sethra: "Did you see your friend?"
Kiera: "My friend Sethra asked Morrolan and passed the results along
to me." Vlad: "I must have picked it up from my friend Kiera. She does
it when she's thinking." (Heh.) Maybe it didn't happen as often as it
felt like, but it started seeming like some kind of cultural idiom
after a while. So I don't think it's a crack for Cawti to refer to
Kiera this way, so much as maybe an idiosyncracy.

For what it's worth,
'Maximilian

--
Be pretty if you are,