[Dragaera] Fwd: Re: [Dzur Spoilers] On a criticized conversation

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 14 09:29:05 PDT 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Mark A. Mandel wrote:

> > Does Vlad know that Kiera and Cawti are friends? Or, more
> > cautiously: does he know of the relationship between them
> > that we see in Orca?

Or perhpas, does Cawti know whether Vlad knows?

When Kiera first meets Vlad in _Orca_, she tells him she has seen
Kiera and promised her not to tell him anything except that she's fine.
I think he might assume some degree of intimacy from this, if it
wasn't established in _Jhereg_ or elsewhere that Cawti and Kiera
are friends.

In any case, I can't see Cawti putting any elaborate thought into
this, as it comes up in consequence of surprising info.  Maybe she's
cagier than I think, but "your friend K" reveals more than "K" would.
I still think it's a crack.