[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoilers] On a criticized conversation

Scott scott at cjhunter.com
Wed Aug 16 08:48:25 PDT 2006

It
was
in
the
town
of
Nearby
on
Marketday
afternoon.
The Blue Fox
gathered
up
his
bandits,
and
into
town
he
rode.

>"I know, and you know, and you know I know, and I know you know I know
>- but I insist that we *act* as though I don't know because the way
>that I know is something I don't want everyone to know"

I realize the above statement referenced Aliera more than Sethra, but since
it applies equally well to both - I was rather interested to see that it was
Vlad who chose to keep Sethra and Kiera separate. Granted I've read Dzur
only once and need the requisite re-read at this point. From Vlad's first
meeting with Kiera I came away with the impression that Sethra was rather
amused/bemused by the idea that Vlad needed to have Kiera in front of him in
order to talk to Kiera. I felt that the charade was as much for his own
benefit as it was a way of respecting the secret. That respect might have
been required in a semi-public place like his inn room, but it was
completely unneccesary in Dzur mountain. He could have just asked Sethra
what Kiera would say in pretty much the same way that Kiera, finding no
better way to say things during a conversation at the inn, said "From what I
know of Sethra, I think she'd say thus-and-such..."

Dragaeran Situation Comedy Plot #3 - Vlad runs into Kiera in Adrilankha and
when he makes some out-of-character reference, she says WTF are you talking
about? Investigations lead to the conclusion that Kiera fended off a Jenoine
attack but she suffered pyschically and is partially amnesiac as a result.
Hijinks ensue.