[Dragaera] In Fenarian language news

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 17 14:07:41 PDT 2006

Language fans, see the assortment of links at the following:

http://crookedtimber.org/2006/08/17/more-on-hungarians/

Maybe Dragaerans speak
really
really
slowly.

Random stuff so that the above doesn't get spam-filtered everywhere:

   I would have bet my life you weren't there
I would have sworn mine was the hand that gently combed my hair
I poured my full soul out to you when I was unaware
   I would have bet my life you weren't there

   The handsomest man in all the world is you
Your kisses are anonymous and sweet as honeydew
You're practically invisible, and so it may be true
   The handsomest man in all the world is you

   I did not want to get up out of bed.
My mind was darkly overcast and poisonous with dread.
Then you appeared and touched me and you raised me from the dead.
   I did not want to get up out of bed.

   I guess I must have left the door ajar.
For you there is no here or there, no distant, close, or far.
Then I reach out to touch you and don't know where you are.
   I guess I must have left the door ajar.

   I do not know if you exist at all
As swift and unsubstantial as a shadow on the wall
Perhaps it was my loneliness and grief that made me fall
   I do not know if you exist at all

   I know something that you do not know.
I thought your smirk a smile in the fleeting afterglow.
But it will not be many months till I begin to show.
   I know something that you do not know.