[Dragaera] Dzur Quibbles (spoilers)- also, Issola and Taltos Spoilers -- time line issues

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 16:59:17 PDT 2006

On 8/20/06, Peter H. Granzeau wrote:
> At 05:59 PM 8/20/2006, ND Montague wrote:
>

> > Apparently Aliera is
> >referenced in the Phoenix Guards/500 Years after. I'll
> >have to reread them also.
>
> Aliera's birth is noted in _The Phoenix Guards_.  She would have been
> 500 years old at the time of Adron's Disaster, then, so a reference
> wouldn't have been inconceivable (although the book certainly isn't about her).

A *reference* in 500YA?  The woman shows up in court with her daddy;
the Prime Minister becomes smitten with her, thereby disrupting Court
politics; she nearly duels with Sethra Lavode several times; she gains
popularity by distributing bread to the masses; her room is ordered
searched by the Emperor, thereby triggering the deadly conflict
between her daddy and the Empire; and she herself aids the assassin
who kills Tortaalik.  &c.

I nearly think she is a major character in 500YA.