[Dragaera] Lavodes

Casey Rousseau casey at the-bat.net
Tue Aug 22 10:49:00 PDT 2006

Bryan Newell writ:

> I had seen this before, but what caught my eye this time
> were the comments about the Lavodes.  Toward the bottom,
> Reen (Steve's ex-wife, I believe) says, "Oh, and don't let
> Mark give you any grief about LaVode versus Lavode. Both
> Aliera and Sethra used a cap V for signatures, so at least
> you are in good company."
>
> Aliera Lavode?
>
> Does anyone know what she is referring to?

AFB at the moment and Amazon only has the omnibus edition* available for
Search Inside, but the acknowledgements and/or About the Author page for
Jhereg explained that (or maybe Steve has elaborated on said tidbits to
the effect that) the book was inspired by an RPG campaign.  Reen
undoubtedly referred to the PC Aliera as opposed to the Aliera found so
far in the text(s).

* In the omnibus, the copyright page has: This one's for Liz.  The
author (that's me) would like to thank Steven Bond, Reen Brust, the late
Lee Pelton, John Robey, John Stanley, and, especially, Adrian Morgan,
who started it all.

Casey