[Dragaera] Loraan vs. Blackwand: Flawed Victory

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Aug 22 14:16:38 PDT 2006

On 8/20/06, Erik Holmes <shoby187 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is just another thing that makes me wonder if Steven Brust has ever
> played GURPS. The above action of sticking a soul into an item to help
> protect someone from death is nearly the same as a spell in GURPS (I
> understand it's also quite common in fantasy literature but still).

Steven has certainly played in GURPS worlds, because he and I have
played together in some campaigns run by John M. Ford, some years ago
now.  But this was long after the publication of Jhereg (and so was
the invention of GURPS, in fact), so you can't explain anything as
basic as the definition of a "wizard" that way I'm afraid.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>