[Dragaera] Two complaints (was:title clarification)

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Tue Aug 22 18:30:27 PDT 2006

On 8/22/06, Steve Hubbell <usagigoya at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b at dd-b.net>

> >Perhaps the Paarfi books would be more appropriate treatment for
> >"retro" fancy editions -- and there are fewer of them :-).
>
> Possibly, but [1] they are already available in hardcover, and [2] the Vlad
> Taltos series just seems to be perfect for this kind of treatment, maybe
> because I just prefer them over the other books. I just love the idea of a
> nice set of leather bound books with the name and symbol or crest of each
> book / house tooled into an embossed cover. Then again, I've never actualy
> owned a leather-bound book before....

Easton press has published some fairly nice ones.  I' ve got their
edition of _The Skylark of Space_ and their edition of _Growing Up
Weightless_ (John M. Ford).  And those are $70 books and I think
initially sold only as part of a set (I bought them on the used
market).

I'm certainly glad to have them.

But, more and more, what I really resent are books that *aren't*
available in mass-market paperback format.  They take less storage
space and are easier to read lying down or while eating (i.e. 95% of
my reading time) and I don't feel so bad if they get injured.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>