[Dragaera] A crack? ( Jhereg)

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 22:56:55 PDT 2006

--- David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote:

> On 8/21/06, tom sausman <inuyashadontask at netscape.net> wrote (quoting
lost names):

> > >I don't think I'd worry about a minor bit of business from the very
> first
> > >novel. If you haven't read Jhereg, then you probably aren't on the
> mailing
> > >list in the first place. *heh*
> > >
> >   Okay, but if you are to re-read them in order, its more like the
> > fourth. ( Taltos,Yendi/Dragon, given that in Dragon there are like
> three
> > time periods, are all before Jhereg)
>
> "In order" makes me think of publication order, not internal chronology.

I agree. I don't like the (most recent?) edition of the Narnia series,
because it puts "The Magician's Nephew" first. That matches internal
chronology, but it was written and orig. published something like 4th.
"The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" was, is, and ever shall be the
first book in that series. -- (And "The Horse and His Boy" is set
somewhere in one page or so of the last chapter of TLTW&TW.)

m a m