[Dragaera] Terion (small Dzur spoiler)

Jose Marquez jhereg69 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 23 00:04:49 PDT 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> Some spoiler space:
>
> Feror ego veluti
> sine nauta navis,
> ut per
> vias aeris
> vaga fertur avis;
> non me
> tenent
> vincula
> non me
> tenet
> clavis,
> quero
> mihi
> similes
> et
> adiungor
> pravis.
>
> On 8/22/06, Wayne Williams <wwilliam at cal.net> wrote:
>
>> OK.  In Jhereg, Kragar and Vlad are reviewing the file on Mellar, and
>> Kragar, reciting Mellar's history, says "... A year after that, he wipes out
>> Terion and takes his place on the Council.  And a year after that, he grabs
>> up the Council funds and vanishes." (Ace paperback, 4th printing, p53)
>>
>> Yet now, in Dzur, we see Terion back on the Council, and with a nice
>> mistress to boot. What gives?  Maybe he wasn't as "wiped out" as we were
>> led to believe?
>>

> Mm.  Perhaps he wasn't as "wiped out" as he appeared to be *because*
> he has a nice mistress who just happens to be a high-level sorceress?
>
> Pararectal Ideation:  Could Terion be an undead?

Maybe Terion was only wiped out financially/territorially, in that
Mellar took over Terion's area. Terion works out a deal with Mellar
wherein Terion gets to live (and possibly work for Mellar, not
necessarily within his plot against the Jhereg, but as a Jhereg
lieutenant). Once Vlad kills Mellar, the Council promotes Terion (they
can't give him crap for losing to Mellar, since he made them look like
fools as well) or Terion takes out the guy who replaces Mellar, and he's
back to what he was always doing. If the Council has five members, maybe
he's the lowest rung in that particular ladder.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand