[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler][Orca Spoiler] A slip of the tongue...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 11:26:54 PDT 2006

On 8/23/06, Jeff wrote:

> When has Morrolan stated that Sethra is a Dragon? Besides, I don't recall
> her telling him when they met, and we have seen him jump to the wrong
> conclusion before. . .

(In /Taltos/, at Blood River before it goes over the Falls, at the
statue of a dzur)
Vlad:       "Know any Dzurlords who've come this way?"
Morrolan: "Sethra."
Vlad:       "I thought she was a Dragon".
Morrolan doesn't answer (shrugs and turns away)

One interpretation is that she is solely a Dzurlord.  Another is that
she was given to Deathgate by Dzurlords who thought she was enough of
a Dzurlord that she should be honored in the manner of Dzurlords - and
honoring her in the manner of any other House *as well* would involve
unpleasant bodily dissection.

For yet another interpretation, see Speculation:Morrolan.

Paarfi is always careful to either omit or ambiguify any statements
about Sethra's House.