[Dragaera] Dzur spoilers - 17 thoughts

den at monger.net den at monger.net
Wed Aug 23 11:49:14 PDT 2006

> At 06:18 PM 8/22/2006, Jot Powers wrote:

>> > You know, I missed completely the point at which Vlad discovered he
>> > was a father.  Someone give me a page number, please?
>>
>>It's in the epilogue.  I'm pretty sure when he says "I'm going to
>>meet my son" he has an idea.  :)\
>
> We know he knows in the epilogue.  I asked when was he told?
>
> The answer, of course, is that we don't know, as it isn't in the book.

We can put forth a pretty good guess, though.  Cawti's "look of relief"
when Vlad mentions South Adrilankha undoubtedly has to do with Vlad
Norathar, so Cawti telling Vlad is his payment for solving her Jhereg
troubles. Since Vlad wasn't distracted by thoughts of his son throughout
the book, I expect she told him soon after he left the house on Strangers
Road for the last time—so between Palaczinta and Ailor Desert Wine.

Actually, I have a sneaking idea that the kid who delivered Vlad's message
to Kragar is Vlad Norathar, so Vlad did meet him in the book.  Only
problem is I can't see how nine years could have passed between PHOENIX
and ISSOLA/DZUR.

-Dennis