[Dragaera] A Crack. ( Teckla-SL )

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 00:20:58 PDT 2006

On 8/23/06, tom sausman <inuyashadontask at netscape.net> wrote:
> >  I.e. the altered story is probably an old, old lie
> > that he's been telling himself for hundreds of years.
>
>     How could it be a lie? We have four accounts Aerich, Paresh, Paarfi,
> and Vlad. Aren't we always told that if something is repeated it is
> usally imporant? I still I am confused of why people mistrust the
> accounts of Paarfi, afterall is it really Mr. Brust telling the story?
> Another reason isn't it the job/ duty of a historian to relate the facts?

We have two accounts, Paresh->Vlad and Aerich(?)->Paarfi. The accounts
conflict, hence someone is inaccurate or lying. This is part of why
people mistrust Paarfi, although it's more complex. A historian's duty
is to relate facts, but Paarfi is in some ways more like a writer of
romance novels (or Alexander Dumas) in that he will stretch facts to
make a good story. He doesn't admit this openly, but his publisher
does in IIRC the foreword to FYA.

-M.

--
Be pretty if you are,