[Dragaera] A Crack. ( Teckla-SL )

Bryan Newell bryann at bryann.net
Thu Aug 24 10:28:38 PDT 2006

> The Vladiad is also
> not written by Steven Brust. It's the memoirs of Vlad,
> dicated by him to the metal box and transcribed and possibly
> abridged by SKZB for publication in our world. (_Athyra_ and
> _Orca_ being exceptions; we don't know how SKZB got his info
> for those stories. Perhaps Vlad convinced Kiera to spend an
> evening dictating to the metal box. Maybe Vlad even gave it
> to her for safe-keeping when he left town, which is why he
> didn't have it in _Athyra_ and why Kiera is the one using it
> in _Orca_.)

I strongly suspect that Athyra was narrated by Savn, since the only two
characters whose thoughts we are directly privy to are Savn himself, and
Rocza, and Savn seems to have a special relationship with Rocza (see Orca).
Even the third person makes sense, in light of the events of that book and
Orca.

I hope Steve isn't done with Savn, I have this image of a Teckla Witch that
won't go away.

Bryan