[Dragaera] Breaking the Cycle.

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 11:22:54 PDT 2006

--- Scott <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:

> Paarfi offers the opinion that the Gods will fix things, or at least he
> pretends that Verra knows some way that Phoenix, the House of Rebirth in
> particular, can or will rejuvenate and restore itself.

"Rebirth in particular", I agree, but didn't Paarfi call the Phoenix
"she" in that passage?  I think he's talking the actual bird.  I'm
getting more and more convinced of my speculation (*starts to pat
self on back, remembers possibility of subluxating shoulder*) that
the Phoenix will recreate her House by appearing at births.  I'd
enjoy it if the births were of people who didn't have Houses of
their own: cross-breeds and Easterners.

> Whatever the
> mechanism, it's unlikely that we'll ever see it happen in Vlad's
> lifetime.

Unlikely, yes, but Laszlo's lived several centuries.  There doesn't
seem to be an upper limit once magic gets involved, not to mention
Devera's time-traveling abilities.  Also, in /Issola/ Vlad seems to
be getting some exposure to being in two places at once, which may
hint that he's destined to become a god.

Jerry Friedman is doing a drive-by for a little while.