[Dragaera] An observation from the LJ comments about names

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Aug 26 10:59:53 PDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 10:32:36PM -0400, Kate Nepveu wrote:
> Spoilers removed.
>
> On 8/13/06, Peter H. Granzeau <pgranzeau at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > One wonders why the copy editor (whose job it is to discover
> > continuity flaws, as well as other stuff) didn't find it?
>
> I have it on good authority that the books are incredibly difficult to
> copyedit because they are so entertaining.

Hrmph.  I read it last night and was entertained, but I also noticed the
name inconsistency.  I think I also saw a conversation which fell out of
phase.  One of those extended exchanges of one-liners, without ", said
X", where if you look at the content the sequence of speakers is

instead of a regular ABABABA.  I think I've seen such glitches in other
books as well.

-xx- Damien X-)