[Dragaera] Just got ahold of Dzur

Louis Eastman almagaiz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 11:31:28 PDT 2006

> =====
> Now I'm going to have to go back and re-read this thing a few times to see
>
> if I get more satisfied about:
>
> * Why is simply giving South Adrilankha up to whatever faction not an
> option
> for Cawti or Vlad?  Neither of them wants it.  How is Vlad saving Cawti
> somehow by helping?  I expect I'll catch this on the second time through.

Cawti's still trying to improve it, but not doing a spectacular job.
However, the
Left Hand wants the area, and is gently telling her to bug off. Cawti is
stubborn,
and won't.

But more questions are bugging me:

> * Why does Vlad want to blame stuff on Verra?  Aside from some memories
> coming back, I didn't see any reason to believe that she was responsible
> for
> (or even interested in) any of the books' events.

Because Verra has been using him and manipulating him for years, and now he
has discovered tampering with his memory, and possibly how he has thought
and acted in almost the entire series. He doesn't know how long or what
she's done,
she won't admit to a lot of it, and is basically bossing him around and not
helping him
or treating him decently. Also, she said she was watching over his family,
and obviously
hasn't been doing a good job.

* The strained dynamic between Vlad and Daymar makes even less sense than
> ever.  They learn from each other each time they meet, and Vlad has long
> since accepted Daymar's literal thinking, yet he can't stop jibing at
> Daymar.  Even Daymar has begun to notice it.
> And Vlad seems more mature than he was, and less intimidated by powerful
> folk, so why hasn't he relaxed a bit around Daymar yet, and perhaps
> started
> to even be civil when he's the one asking for favors?

Vlad's pissed off already when Daymar gets there. He says so, and I believe
even apologizes.

* For all the talk about Dzur being more complex than they seem, Telnan
> seems pretty simple and not all that interesting. Aside from being rather
> more geeky and cheerful than Vlad expects, he doesn't have a lot to say
> except "Mmmm.  Donuts".

He explains how to be a Dzur?