[Dragaera] Just got ahold of Dzur

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 17:50:27 PDT 2006

On 8/26/06, Peter H. Granzeau <pgranzeau at cox.net> wrote:
> At 04:14 AM 8/26/2006, Steve Rapaport wrote:
> >But more questions are bugging me:
> >
> >* Why does Vlad want to blame stuff on Verra?  Aside from some memories
> >coming back, I didn't see any reason to believe that she was responsible for
> >(or even interested in) any of the books' events.
>
> Vlad seems not to appreciate Verra's attention, ever.  And we can't
> say that her attention has ever done anything good for him, either,
> not directly nor immediately.

He believes that she saved his life when he was a footsoldier. He
believes her when she says she's been watching over his family (and
that has new meaning to him now, or will when he thinks it over). He
also believes that she used him to foment a civil war that ended up
getting his own people killed, and that she cavalierly messed with the
contents of his head (which he needs in order to stay alive) for her
own purposes. Basically, he thinks she's an arrogant jerk; I think
it's quite perceptive of him to notice the correspondence between his
feelings for her and her feelings for the Jenoine.

> >* For all the talk about Dzur being more complex than they seem, Telnan
> >seems pretty simple and not all that interesting. Aside from being rather
> >more geeky and cheerful than Vlad expects, he doesn't have a lot to say
> >except "Mmmm.  Donuts".
>
> The Dzur mindset may really be that simple.  It is possible that Vlad
> hadn't really realized that previously, however.

I thought Telnan's comments on preparation and wizardry were interesting.

'Maximilian

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,