[Dragaera] Just got ahold of Dzur

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 13:12:31 PDT 2006

--- Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Philip Hart wrote:
>
> > > (spoiler space)
> > >
> > > Out
> > > came
> > > dragon
> > > from
> > > her
> > > den,
> > > fa la lanky down dilly,
> > > That
> > > killed
> > > God
> > > knows
> > > how
> > > many
> > > men,
> > > fa la lanky down dilly.
>
> The Daymar discussion reminds me of a question I had: Vlad hasn't used
> witchcraft in a while - could he not do something along the lines of
> casting a spell on a certain house to make those inside feel an urge to
> leave?  Could Cawti not have hired a witch or a coven in SA to do the
> same, or to drive out other Jhereg influences?

I think you got one good speculation on this.  But it makes me wonder why
Vlad couldn't have sent Telnan a dream himself instead having to risk a
premature end to the series by confronting Verra.  Recruiting methods in
the Empire seem overly elaborate--cf. Quion and the basement in South
Adrilankha.

> And what's up with Kelly's group?  Are they not willing to organize in
> support of Cawti's efforts to clean up the neighborhood?

I don't think we know what happened to Kelly's group after it led South
Adrilankha to the brink of disaster in /Phoenix/.

Jerry Friedman