[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 2, Issue 28

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 00:29:44 PDT 2006

On 8/27/06, Steve Rapaport wrote:
> Dzur
> spoiler
> discussion
> continues

But
all
in
vain
it
was
fear,
fa la lanky down dilly,
For
now
they
fall
fight
like
bears,
fa la lanky down dilly.

> > > I think you got one good speculation on this.  But it makes me wonder
> > > why Vlad couldn't have sent Telnan a dream himself
> >
> > Phoenix Stones, remember?
> >
> > And, really, we don't know yet how powerful a wizard Telnan is;
> > perhaps if Vlad had sent a dream, Telnan would have known or figured
> > out that he was being manipulated, and resented the interference and
> > not acted to help Vlad.
> >
> > But things worked out rather well because it was a 100% absolute
> > guaranteed real dream from a Goddess; rather more convincing than
> > anything Vlad might have done or had done.
>

> What about just sending Telnan a note?  It worked for Daymar...

Does Vlad or Loiosh know where Telnan lives?

And really, I think Vlad at least partly wanted to wave a deadly knife
in Verra's face and get her to give him... something. Basically, he
was just aching to mug the goddess.

He didn't have in mind at the time to get her to help him by inspiring
Telnan; that looks like it was just a spur-of-the-moment idea.  Taking
the opening that desperation required and opportunity presented.  As
it were.