[Dragaera] Boing!

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 7 15:34:14 PDT 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> Is a human being with 3 out of 8 Great-Grandparents of African-American
> heritage not of African-American descent?

One drop, racism, blah.

But I doubt 3/8th of Aliera's genes are dragon (ignoring the whole
question of how non-Earth-biology genes function in an Earth-biology
cell).

> I'm just trying to understand your reasoning here.

Maybe the issue is "descended" - it has an echo of "descent with
modification".  Adding a few genes that barely change a creature's
phenotype is modification, not descent.  We've got some fly
wing-making genes iirc, but ...