[Dragaera] Boing!

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Thu Sep 7 21:04:22 PDT 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> I bet a good way to start an argument among Dragaeran social
> scientists is to ask if behavior is solely determined by the genes, or
> by nurture, or by the environment.  Or by the Cycle.  Or by the Cycle
> interacting with genetics.  And if it's all of them, which factor is
> most dominant.

I wonder how much of a factor (if any) sorcery might play in all this?
Certainly, having a link to the Orb from birth, (and thereby sharing the
innards of one's thoughts with the Emperor/Empress and/or all your
fellow citizens) might have a big (if subtle) impact on the "nurture"
side of things.

...and on the "nature" side of things, too, come to think of it.