[Dragaera] Boing!

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 8 00:50:45 PDT 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 9/7/06, Philip Hart wrote:
> >
> > We've got some fly wing-making genes iirc, but ...
> >

> I'm 99.9% sure we don't.
>
> That is, I'm pretty sure that the lineage of vertebrates split off
> from all other invertebrate lineages long before flies evolved wings.

The point was that one can find a few genes in the human genome that might
as well have been plunked in there from somewhere odd - that they of
course weren't doesn't matter.  I suspect an inspection of the Dragaeran
genome wouldn't indicate anything odd about issola genes, given that they
function in the same transcription etc machinery as human-origin genes.