[Dragaera] Boing!

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 8 13:27:21 PDT 2006

I guessed above that the strong conservation of character in the houses
was evidence of a small number of introduced genes, but it occurs to me
that given the Cycle all bets are off.  I was thinking that over time
drift or miscegenation would erode the individuality of the houses,
because losing one of 100 issola genes would likely leave a good Issola,
and over time one would expect that few Issola would have the full
complement, one would see reversions to wild type, etc. - but the Cycle
might exert its influence to scotch that early on.  Of course one can
still argue from parsimony.

Incidentally, I'm waiting for SKZB to say someone scotched a Yendi plot -
I'd think Vlad might appreciate Macbeth