[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Sep 11 08:40:23 PDT 2006

"David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b at dd-b.net>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
09/11/06 08:35 AM

"Dragaera List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: [Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

On 9/11/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
> "Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com>
> Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
> 09/09/06 05:25 PM

> "Dragaera List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
> cc
>
>> Subject
>> [Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation
>>

>> >Spoiler space for /Dzur/
>> >
>> >No
>> >sword
>> >could
>> >enter
>> >through
>> >her
>> >skin,
>> >Which
>> >vexed
>> >the
>> >knight
>> >and
>> >made
>> >her
>> >grin,
>> >Fa la la-n-fa,
>> >da-n-da da-n-fa,
>> >lanky down dilly.
>
>> >What if... Kragar was actually Mario's apprentice, and is the one who
>> >has been doing all of the recent "work" attributed to Mario?
>>
>> Interesting hypothesis--but "work" has never seemed to be the kind of
>> thing Kragar was interested in. Granted, we knew so little about him in
>> the "good old days" that it was easy for him to hide the fact that he
was
>> fronting for Mario--which certainly makes it possible he's got even
>> darker, deeper skeletons in his closet. But Vlad never comments on
Kragar
>> as someone who looks like he's done "work"...
>
>Yes, and he didn't seem to think Mario did either.  So there's one
>similarity :-).

Good point. Still, it seems likely that Mario hasn't really been doing
that much "work" lately, so who can say?

>> Add to this, the fact that Kragar's expulsion from the House of Dragon
was
>> apparently involuntary. This is likely not a man who has completely
>> abandoned the principles of House Dragon... Which would seem to
preclude
>> becomming an assassin.
>
>Wouldn't that also argue against being the contact man for an assassin?

Well, yes, but not as strongly. There's room for a psycholgical perception
of disconnection when you're just *arranging* to have the kethna
butchered, than when you're actually holding the knife and cutting its
throat yourself.