[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 12:24:13 PDT 2006

On 9/9/06, Philip Hart wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
> > Spoiler space for /Dzur/
> >
> > No
> > sword
> > could
> > enter
> > through
> > her
> > skin,
> > Which
> > vexed
> > the
> > knight
> > and
> > made
> > her
> > grin,
> > Fa la la-n-fa,
> > da-n-da da-n-fa,
> > lanky down dilly.
> >

> > So, who would forget the current term to refer to the illegal business
> > side of the Jhereg?
> > Who wouldn't have heard the phrase "Bitch Patrol"?
> >
> > Someone who's retired, that's who.
> >
> > What if... Kragar was actually Mario's apprentice, and is the one who
> > has been doing all of the recent "work" attributed to Mario?
>
> I think I've played with the latter part of that idea in the recent
> discussions, mainly because I didn't find the Mario and Kragar stuff
> as presented immediately plausible.  Of course it ties in with the
> idea that Mario didn't off Tortaalik, which is perhaps also in its favor.

I suppose I have in mind at least the possibility that the young,
nondescript assassin that Khaavren saw, the one who made the first
abortive attempt on Tortaalik, was Kragar.

However, it could still be that it was therefore Mario (picking up
where his apprentice had fumbled the job) who then finalized the
Emperor.  However, he couldn't have done it without the intelligence
about how the Orb works.

I suppose there's still room in the theory for Sethra colluding with
Mario/Kragar to off Tortaalik.