[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 12:39:19 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Jon_Lincicum wrote:
> "Davdi Silverrock" wrote:
>

> >Spoiler space for /Dzur/
> >
> >No
> >sword
> >could
> >enter
> >through
> >her
> >skin,
> >Which
> >vexed
> >the
> >knight
> >and
> >made
> >her
> >grin,
> >Fa la la-n-fa,
> >da-n-da da-n-fa,
> >lanky down dilly.

[Holes in the speculation elided.  Hey, it's just a pararectal ideation.]

> >Alternatively, perhaps Kragar and Mario are partners, only instead of
> >"working" together, they alternate.  With Kragar handling being their
> >public face.
>
> I would think this would defeat the purpose of having a public face. If
> the public face might get caught doing a job, things would get
> interesting.

Yet who better as a public face than one that no one seems to be able
to notice or remember?

> >And of course, this ties in as Yet Another Ideation about Kragar's
> >House ejection.
>
> The idea here being that Kragar got caught doing "work", and therefore got
> ejected from the House?

Not necessarily "caught" (since I figure that if he had been, he'd
would have been killed).
But perhaps accused, and unable to exonerate himself.

I noticed that the Sorceresses of the Left Hand were accused and tried
(of using Elder Sorcery), but while not proven guilty, had sufficient
problems with their Houses that they were expelled.

One possibility might be that the Dragaeran legal system has a verdict
that means "We don't have enough evidence to convict, but you haven't
shown yourself to be innocent", and the Houses were going by that.
Another possibility is that the Houses might have knowledge/evidence
that they knew would demonstrate guilt, but they refrain from bringing
it in trial because of either blackmail, or because it would weaken
someone else who was powerful in the House - therefore, while the
Empire can't prove guilt, the House *knows* they're guilty, and expels
them from the House.

Or something like that, anyway.  And something like that might have
happened with Kragar as well.