[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Sep 11 13:24:11 PDT 2006

"Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
09/11/06 01:03 PM

"Dragaera List" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: [Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

>On 9/11/06, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>> On 9/11/06, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
>> > [spoiler space]
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .

>> > Problem: that leaves Kragar, and not Mario, as Aliera's paramour.
>>
>> Why?  Remember, all of that was Paarfi's reconstruction.  What the
>> hell does *he* know?
>
>Er, just to clarify - "all of that" meaning the scenes in FHYA where
>they stare at each other and say "oh, you are so beautiful, etc" (and
>then some nooky happens).
>
>> In this speculative scenario, Aliera would have helped Kragar because
>> (a) for Mario's sake, not because she likes Kragar, and (b) she's
>> mightily pissed off at Tortaalik anyway.
>
> No boinking need have occurred between Aliera and Kragar.

To the left, what better way for Aliera to cover up her affair with Kragar
than to violently berate him publicly at every opportunity?

I'm just sayin'.

I just love it, though, how the folks on the list are still able to
justify theories where Kragar is secretly Mario, despite *direct* evidence
to the contrary in the latest book. Of course, it is fun to speculate...
And I can understand how it's hard to give up on a theory that seems
really cool.

Frankly, I think the revealed stuff about Kragar in /Dzur/ is cool enough
as it is. He doesn't need to actually *be* Mario.