[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] Another terribly amusing Speculation

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:04:51 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> Mercury
> Venus
> Earth
> Mars
> Ceres
> Jupiter
> Saturn
> Uranus
> Neptune
> Pluto
> Sedna
> Xena
> Minerva
> Aphrodite
> Loki
> Bartelby
> Azreal
>
> A further thought that just struck me...
>
> Kragar was handling the "work" arrangements for possibly the two best
> assassins in the Empire. (Mario and Vlad)
>
> ...and, in fact, Kragar seems to have been a rather formative influence
> on Vlad's rise to prominence as an assassin...  (Pointing out his
> failings after his very first job, for example...)
>
> Since he presumably knows quite a bit about how Mario works, Kragar may
> just be the one responsible for making Vlad as good an assassin as he
> ended up being.
>
> It helps to learn from the best, even indirectly.

Now I wonder if perhaps Mario was perhaps involved in training up
other skilled assassins.  Like, say, the Sword of the Jhereg.  Which
would give him another reason to become involved in the South
Adrilankha issue.  And maybe also the Dagger of the Jhereg.  Which
might be why he calls her that.

Poor Vlad.  "Did the whole *world* know Mario before I met him?!?"

Heh.